Due to the current COVID-19 situation in Sydney, Project Rise is evolving from face-to-face sessions to via correspondence (Zoom). The details are outlined below:
- Athletes will be provided with 1 x Speed and Conditioning session on each Monday - starting Monday August 2nd, 2021.
- Athletes will be able to contact David via Zoom on the Wednesday of each week at 4pm where he will clarify the drills of the session and athletes will be provided with the opportunity to engage in discussion and ask questions.
- Athletes will be expected to complete the session on two occasions (i.e., Thursday and Sunday).
- Athletes are encouraged to participate in sport-specific drills following the session (i.e., intergrating the ball into the training sessions).
Total cost - $35
Despite the current restrictions, athletes should be seeking to maintain their current levels of athletic performance - lockdown is no excuse to start cranking up the hours in front of the TV or playing video games. Sessions are expected to take about 40 minutes to complete.
For those athletes who book into the class - Dave will contact you with the details for the class Zoom meeting.
It’s no secret, young athletes are very different to adults in more ways than one! Not only do young athletes differ in physical, emotional and psychological maturity compared to adults, but in many ways they undergo a different physiological response to exercise and training. A young athlete’s response to exercise and training is predicated on their own growth and maturation. Young athletes are not little adults, and exercise and training must take this into account!
We want our RISE athletes to be physically and mentally tough in the face of adversity. Project Rise was developed to provide athletes with the physical and mental tools to help them reach achieve their athletic potential by building strength, power, endurance, resilience, and more.
FREE Workshops - Coaches and Parents
We will be holding FREE workshops for parents and coaches, focusing on:
- Hydration and Nutrition
- Training Session Structure
- Growing Pains and Common Conditions seen in adolescents
- Preparation and Recovery - Gameday and Training
Elite Athletic Development Classes
Held at our Kogarah clinic, the 50 minute EAD classes are directed at U9s-U16s, improving the athletic performance in the game they love! Sessions are conducted weekly for 5 weeks and consist of athletic training activities used to improve their speed, power, strength, endurance and more! The sessions are divided into 2 groups, U9s-U12s and U13s-U16s, so your child will be amongst their peers, also seeking to improve their skills and performance.
Only 6 athletes per class, however, more classes will be offered soon. The sessions are conducted with exercise physiologist and sport scientist, David Watts, who has experience coaching young athletes at a representative level.
Next 5 week session pack is available online
U9s - U12s @ 500pm
U13s - U16s @ 600pm